camping grounds (caravan park)

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

camping grounds (caravan park)

Postby mag » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:48 pm

we are going to coffs harbour march and taking our tent, i looked through the RACQ book and rang a couple of parks they informed me that the fees for a tent site is the same has a caravan . i think this is not fair because we only have a small tent and all our equipment is battery or gas operated. any comments. mag
mag

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:43 pm

stay in a nat park or a state forest, much nicer imo, state forests are usually free and nat parks sumtimes too. But if you must stay in a park do a yellowpages or similar search, may come up with more than just what the RACQ has.

Rocky
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby offroader » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:27 am

hi mag

the link in this reply will take you to the NSW national parks around coffs, there are plenty to choose from ..... i agree with ozzycamperboy, they are much nicer than van parks.

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npw ... enDocument

all the best

nick
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby Onedodger » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:51 pm

Unfortunately it is the School hols and Parks Charge as much as they can get.
Even though we have a van and often because of demand take an unpowered camping spot we are charged the same as any other van or camper.
The others have the Idea go into the Nat Park but inquire what the charges are including children as on rare occasions sometimes it can be cheaper in a van park. Bournda Nat Park springs to mind as its charges were over the top when we visited. In School Hols.
Boy do I love this second childhood.
Regards Dodg.
Onedodger
Boy Scout

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:52 pm

Yes that can be true, sometimes they charge per person and then the cost of park entry. It cost us $50 per night somewhere with hardly any amenities. Would have been better off going to Ocean beach at Umina for that price!
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:56 pm

Yes that can be true, sometimes they charge per person and then the cost of park entry. It cost us $50 per night somewhere with hardly any amenities. Would have been better off going to Ocean beach at Umina for that price!
Site Admin

Return to Camping Tips and Locations