Easter destinations?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby mytribe » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:18 pm

I'll sign mine up :?#
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby CCC » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:16 pm

our kids call it nan and pop's :?
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mytribe » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:37 pm

Our nan and pop's don't babysit, one lot being in Darwin and we're in Melb the other lot, well our kids aren't good enough.

Better stop there, this isn't a parenting website :***
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby jollyroger » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Our kids would kill us if they knew we went camping without them. I have to say they are really good to go away with. The wouldn't even try and play up. They would be strapped to the roof of the 4X4 for the entire weekend.

Maybe Parks could open a creche for parents. Where we can go...Oh that's right it's called a Pub.

The Blue Swimmer crabs are still on here so might have a feed of sweet chilli crab - YUM YUM! :?# :?#
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Fonty » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:47 pm

Fonty,

That sounds brilliant. I would love to go off on a whim like that and just say what the heck this will do.

It's not quite working out as well as I would like. I'd love to get out once a fortnight with my son, but anything less than once a month is unacceptable! And we're off schedule already this year as our last trip was about the 25th of Feb. I only have to squeeze it in between his homeschooling, trips to his mums, and having his three daughters come and stay at various times during each week.. it's not like it's difficult getting the time or anything. ::()

The stuff is ready to go all the time and can be loaded up in under 20 minutes - and most of that time would be spent packing the esky's with food and drink working out our menu as I packed. :)

As for boarding kennels for kids.. I reckon if they relaxed health and safety rules a bit my kids would be happy to join the cats and dogs in their kennels. They'd have a ball, you could let them go naked and just hose them off when they're done, no nappies no washing no fuss. It's too bad I'm not rich all these brilliant ideas going to waste.

Or is that a good thing? :***
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Mrs Bravo is off the pick up the grandmonsters and then off to Laurieton on the mid north coast of NSW for Easter. Not camping, we have a cottage there. :?#
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby reef » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:42 am

We have no parents left to use as babysitters - you guys are lucky, I haven't had a night without the kids for over a year - how sad. We aren'[t going anywhere for easter have hubbys brother and kids from the central coast coming to the 'gong - they are camping in our front yard - our house isn't that big - my site fees are so cheap and you even get a free ext. lead from the garage - he he he
Beach, Surf, Family and Fun - pure bliss
reef
Captain Camping

Postby CCC » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:37 am

reef wrote:..... - my site fees are so cheap and you even get a free ext. lead from the garage - he he he

hehehe, and hot shower and flushing toilet
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat