Tent - sorry if it has been done to death!

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Postby clackerz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:07 pm

andriesbike wrote:Glad we got a 6x4 trailer as this allowed us to take LOTS of stuff.

Agreed....we took a trailer for the first time (we usually squeeze into 2 cars) and it made it all the easier (and we could put a few extras in).
It was a borrowed one so we are looking to invest in a trailer now.
There's water at the bottom of the ocean!
clackerz
Captain Camping

Postby Jeeps » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:15 am

I used to take my 6x4 trailor away on trips and it was great and took heaps of gear :)

Now i've got the 7x4 with the kitchen, it's a lot easier and quicker to use but it weighs a lot more and much more noticeable behind the 4wd.

Jeeps
Captain Camping

Postby reef » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:35 am

Before you get any bunks put the kids on them - they are really tippy. If the bottom kid gets out first then the top person follows, over it goes. We asked the camping shop about this, and he said, yeah they do that and just tie it to an internal pole. We don't have any poles in the kids rooms plus I don't think they want to sleep that close to the canvas wall so we opted for a queen blow up bed on legs $69 for the 6 and 4 yr olds and a single blow up bed on legs for the 2 yr old $45. Works great
Beach, Surf, Family and Fun - pure bliss
reef
Captain Camping

Postby clackerz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:57 am

reef wrote:Before you get any bunks put the kids on them - they are really tippy. If the bottom kid gets out first then the top person follows, over it goes. great

Ahh.... tks for the heads up. We were looking at these and were thinking if they were any good. May just get them a mattress to share instead - peace of mind!
There's water at the bottom of the ocean!
clackerz
Captain Camping

Postby Komodo@home » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:37 am

What Jeeps no Treg hitch!? tsk tsk

:) :P
Komodo@home
Captain Camping

Postby katthing » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Jeeps - nice :)

Thanks for the tip on the bunks.... if something were to fall then no doubt it would be the kids and there would be tears and blood - not nice when camping !
wife to one, mum to two
katthing
Camping King

Previous

Return to Gear Guide