hi all.

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

hi all.

Postby gypsy rainbow » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:21 pm

welcome everybody,never been in any forum before,so please bare with me guys,iam a single mother with 2 children,15 and 12,we often go camping most holidays,been to a few camping spots and wishing to find new camping parks,and open for any new ideas,i dont have a 4wd,but if i play my cards right i might,we have our tents,thats good enough at the moment.to be honest guys camping is my biggest interest,allways has been since i was a young pup lol.if i could i would go camping every weekend,now that would be a bliss hey,by the way this site seems friendly and helpfull,keep it up guys :grin: if anyone need any tips iam more than happy to help the best way i can,anyway enough about me,been reading ur stories,very interesting,cheers.
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby HGMonaro » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Hi Gypsy... or is that Rainbow!

Welcome!

If you have something you can add to a discussion, just type away... I reckon you'll have some good info with your experience

Cheers, Nige
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

thanks

Postby gypsy rainbow » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:07 pm

thanks ,nige,how r u ?looking forward for more posting very soon,cheers.
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby CCC » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:17 pm

hi gypsy rainbow,

Welcome to the site and would love to hear about what kind of places you like to camp at and some of your tricks that you have learnt along the way :grin:

Alma
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby gypsy rainbow » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:06 am

gday alma,how r u?well ive mostly camped in qld,bush camping is my fav,i do like roughing it ,dont mind getting my hands dirty,love a challenge,the best camping spots would be 1 with a creek nearby,kids love to swim,been to so many camp areas and cant remember all off by heart,went to kennelworth last new years eve for 5 days,nice place but water whole have not much water in it,prettty sad though but still the park is so very well kept tidy ,iam not far from the flanagan reserve ,mount barny area,have u been thier,also thier is a free camping spot down the rd from me wich is free,bush camping if u like it,was suppose to take kids thier this weekend but weather detered us,so tell me more about ur exsperiences with camping and wat is ur fav spot,u might no more places to camp.cheers
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:22 pm

G'day Gypsy!

And welcome to the forums .... hope you enjoy the madness ...

cheers ...

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:45 pm

gday gypsy & welcome. i hope we hear more about the places you have stayed at ::)
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby gypsy rainbow » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:51 pm

thank you scol,iam sure i will,
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby gypsy rainbow » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:54 pm

gday freerocketman,ill be posting soon.thanks.
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:57 pm

gypsy we would love to know where the free camping spot is as there are a few brisbane members always looking for some where different to go :grin:
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby gypsy rainbow » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:18 pm

hi,this free camping area is very basic no facilitys just bush camping for the ppl who like that roughing,its called waterfall creek camping ground,the waterfall is only trickling so its not gushing down as it should be,well with the drought and all lol ,its only a small area for camping but very pretty,u do have grass areas thier,so your right near the creek bed but no water as i mentioned, only up further near the waterfall area,so u need to walk over the rocks to get to the actual waterfall,thier is like a pool of water and very deep and the locals often dive from a great hight but be carefull when doing so,my kids are teenagers and dont mind the thrill of taking risks but even so i still worry,the rd still carrys on further but that does come into private property but good scenary,so i dont bother going any further up that rd,i just stay atb the camp ground,i like the peace and quiet and the fact that hardly anyone goes thier,so if u like to be a little isolated and dont mind roughing it abit than thats the place for you.now the direction ,not very good at this but ill give it ago ok.this place is between rathdownyand boonah and its on rathdowny boonah rd,thats the main rd,it starts from rathdowny,when you get onto rathdowny boonah rd follow it to maroon,you go past a school on your left ,,just 400metrs down from thier is a rd called newman rd,thier is a cematary up on the hill on corner of that rd,follow the gravel rd thier will be tar on and off,u will come across a cattle grid slow down thier will be cattle,keep going right to the end and you will come across a t intersection,house on your left, turn left thier at waterfall creek rd,follow it to the camp ground,and you will see the tree grassed small area with a couple of old campfires,gees i hope i havnt confused you,also you have the maroon dam up the rd,and your not far from mt barnny and flannagan reserve,so this is the only free camping spot around that area that i no so far,good luck.
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby freerocketman1 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:11 pm

thanks gypsy iam going for a drive on sunday to have a look for new sites for camping & that was one of them, your directions are better than what i have in a book ive got so a big thank you :+ :+ :+ who knows we might even catch up sum time.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby gypsy rainbow » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:46 pm

any time mate,ur welcomed. :?#
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby gypsy rainbow » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:50 pm

hi how u going,hey iam just 5 min down the rd from the camp ground,and would love to meet you and your wife,i can show you guys around,if u like,have no plans this weekend.cheers
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby freerocketman1 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:55 pm

gypsy sent you a pm hope you got it :)
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Next

Return to Introductions: