Whats the go with tents?

List your stuff for sale or wanted here. Outdoor furniture, home, gardening, clothing, anything really except motor vehicles or real estate as that is catered for below. Post or sell offer here for free. (Add you suburb, buy or sell and item to heading we will organise letter).

Whats the go with tents?

Postby bonecrusher » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:33 pm

OK, OK, I've got it,
I have just convinced my wife that camping is the to go.
So I am in the market for the gear, If any one has a good quality tent for sale or would like to give me some advice about tents ( whats good whats not) and any other camping Equipment that would be great.
We are a family of 2 adults 2 kids under 5.
Cheers.
bonecrusher

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:09 pm

This one in the 4sale section sounds cheap :? viewtopic.php?t=263

But I dunno anything bout it, so dont ask me :P

I reckon with tents best is to just go into a camping store and look around at what there is within your budget. Look for something that you can stand up in preferrebly, and just feel the material its made out of to get an idea of quality. Or just buy 2 single and one double swag :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:54 pm

Ditto to OZzy.

Tell the store clerks what you want, size of family, duration of camping, etc.etc. and they will show you waht they have.

Not sure if you guys have Ranger Camping over East but that wold be my first port of call ... if you like what you see try and haggle them a little ... they'll usually drop 10% or more if they like you ... 8) Also, if you buy a fair bit of gear from them they WILL drop their price. Hell, they even give me free bait! :wink:

BTW

You did well convincing the wife to go camping in a tent ... a lot prefer caravans and they DON'T come cheap! :shock:

Cheers ...

Richard.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:34 pm

Our tent is advertised at $400 - which is cheap compared to what we paid for it but considering it is 3 years old, a fair price I think. My husband is 6ft2in and can comfortably stand in all areas of it so it's a great size.

We also have a lot of camping equipment to go with it - QS airbed, 2burner gas stove, gas light, large tarp etc.

We're putting it up this weekend to take some photos of it - if you're interested let me know and I'll send you some pics!

DQ
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:45 pm

Jut thought of something ... stay away from Big W and K Mart style tents. We bought one and never used ... material is very light (read 'cheap') and the tent doesn't breathe either ... in otherwords it's probably made of some plastic type fabric which makes for a very uncomfortable stay.

even if you have to pay more at camping shops it's worth the extra.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:29 pm

Our tent is made of canvas and quite cool in the summer.
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:52 pm

DQ wrote:Our tent is made of canvas and quite cool in the summer.

And it 'breathes'!

I love canvas ...

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Buy & Sell