hi all.

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Postby clackerz » Thu May 03, 2007 11:12 am

I hope you enjoy the forums - great place with great people with great advice!
There's water at the bottom of the ocean!
clackerz
Captain Camping

Postby CCC » Thu May 03, 2007 1:44 pm

gypsy rainbow wrote:gday alma, how r u? well ive mostly camped in qld, bush camping is my fav, i do like roughing it , dont mind getting my hands dirty, love a challenge, the best camping spots would be 1 with a creek nearby, kids love to swim, been to so many camp areas and cant remember all off by heart, went to kennelworth last new years eve for 5 days, nice place but water whole have not much water in it, prettty sad though but still the park is so very well kept tidy , i am not far from the flanagan reserve ,mount barny area, have u been thier, also thier is a free camping spot down the rd from me wich is free bush camping if u like it, was suppose to take kids thier this weekend but weather detered us, so tell me more about ur exsperiences with camping and wat is ur fav spot, u might no more places to camp.cheers

I like to rough it too with bush camping although I have only camped at The Watagans State Forest few times, Glenbawn Dam near Scone. I have also camped in a rest area outside Port Macquarie :lol: A place called Black Rocks up near Evans Head, and Fingal Head - found a nice little area but got booted out by a guy who was going to report us (I reckon it was his favourite fishing spot). They were with a bunch of headbangers who knew absolutely nothing about campingand we were pretty damn lucky to still be alive.
I would love to find a nice safe spot to go fishing/camping now that I am better set up for it. :grin:
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Cruzin » Sun May 06, 2007 8:14 am

Hi Gypsy Rainbow,

We have camped all around that area and are always on the lookout for new sites.
Been to places like
Mt Barney / Flannagan's / O'Reilly's / Bina Burra / Andrew Drynan / Border Ranges / Queen Mary Falls / Springbrook and hope to get to Adjinbilly Condamine Gorge. and we are also interested in "the Lost World Valley" area

But we now have dogs, do you know of any other sites in the area that we can try?

We intend to go to Bell's Bay Toonumbar Dam, west of Kyogle (via the Lions Rd) in the next month.
Has anybody been there recently and can advise of the conditions (access road and facilities etc)
Not much available via Google but did find a camp site closure notice in 2003 due to low water level. The contact via Aust Camps3 advised on Friday that the dam was 90% full (& why would you want to camp there in Winter - why not?).

rgds Shane T
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Sun May 06, 2007 10:21 am

Try the publication "Camping in Southern and Central Queensland" by Martin and Roy Bowerman. Martin is the camping guru on Creek to Coast and Qld Weekender.

It has a section on camping with dogs and where you can take them.

It costs $12.95 and can be found at most camping stores.

They also did one for NSW but I only got the 1992 edition. Surprisingly though a lot hasn't changed, just the prices.

On the section on BBT Dam it says the NSW Water Resources Dept is the owner and further information can be obtained from Kyogle Shire Council. I don't know if this helps.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Cruzin » Sun May 06, 2007 9:26 pm

Thanx Troy

We have most other publications, one more won't be a prob, and I'll contact the NSW Water Resources to confirm the sitch.

rgds Shane T
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Postby gypsy rainbow » Mon May 07, 2007 12:01 pm

hi guys,we have just come back from camping down at waterfall ck mt may reserve,its past rathdowny on rathdowny boonah rd left into newman rd maroon.thats is a free camping site,have seen dogs thier,so you should be ok with that,its a pretty area thier,thier was only four campers thier for the long weekend,we had a great time,nice and quiet,forgot thier was trail bikes thier this time one of the campers brought thier bikes but all in all had a great time,you said you tried all the camp places around that area,have you tried this one?ok take care.
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Mon May 07, 2007 6:35 pm

Considering that all the key campgrounds is SEQ were booked out this weekend (you couldn't ask for better weather), to have only 4 campers is amazing.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Troyk » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Cruzin wrote:Thanx Troy

We have most other publications, one more won't be a prob, and I'll contact the NSW Water Resources to confirm the sitch.

rgds Shane T

Shane,

I found another book (2003) and it had a contact as DLWC 02 6633 9135

Troyk

Postby Cruzin » Tue May 08, 2007 9:09 am

Thanx Troy

Karen had already tried that number but the respnses seemed a bit vague on firewood supply and water supply they advised that they haven't measured the tanks lately.

Thanx again
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Previous

Return to Introductions: