Heavy duty Drawer slides (100kg capacity)

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Heavy duty Drawer slides (100kg capacity)

Postby Komodo » Mon May 07, 2007 12:21 pm

Guys,

Looking to build a set of drawers for the 'trol. Drawer slides that extend 900mm + and carry 100kg + are niegh on impossible to find.

Sorry I take that back good quality ball bearing slides with lock in lock out are nearly impossible to find.

Well I've finally found some. After going down to Hefele and getting quoted $668.10 + John Howard for a heavy duty bearing drawer slide WITHOUT lock in / lock out I decided to do a bit more investigation. The Hefele drawer slides are actually made by a company in the USA called Accuride.

A quick google found me another Accuride supplier in Melbourne : Concept Latch Lock & Hinge. An email sent and an email returned with a price of $228.99 for a pair of non locking or $129.10 each for locking slides (the locking slide are sold individually because they are handed (ie left side right side))

If any one can suggest any where else please let me know other wise looks like I'll go with these guys.

Also a big thumbs up for these guys my email was sent and replied to after 5pm on friday! I didnt really expect a reply till lunch timeish today!
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Jok » Mon May 07, 2007 8:50 pm

Don't know if they sell bits or just full systems, but have you tried
Fourby Fitouts in Vesper Drive, Narre Warren?
Jok
Jok
Camping King

Postby Komodo » Tue May 08, 2007 10:44 am

Looked at their system Jok but at $1250 for the soft luggage rack (which is just the cargo barrier, base board and the adjustable soft luggage shelf) its a little pricey.

I figure that I can get the drawers folded up on a brake press and the main cabinet built for around that price and built to MY specifications - not just an off the shelf item.

That said - huge plug for fouby fitouts their gear it top notch
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Gear Guide