Can camping be romantic?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby HGMonaro » Wed May 02, 2007 12:21 pm

my wife, when a child, woke up one night whilst on the annual caravan trip north with the concern of "why is the caravan rocking". That story gets repeated way too often (for my mother-in-law anyway, father-in-law enjoys the memories I think!!!) some 30+ years later!

We're about to embark on 3 month oddessey... when they say it's dry in the outback, I don't think they're talking about the lack of water! :(
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Rocking caravans

Postby gqpatrol » Wed May 02, 2007 1:01 pm

Is there a way to stop caravan's rocking? Apart from abstinence :oops: :oops: Or maybe nicking off into the bushes would be better? Everytime we have stayed in a van, it's definitely been an issue, especially with the kids in the van as well :shock: .
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Postby CCC » Thu May 03, 2007 1:50 pm

never had the opportunity to 'make a caravan rock' :(

hehehe also I'd like to add to turn off any lights in the tent hahaha I have visions of Austin Powers with the tent scene and shadows :***
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Rocking caravans

Postby JM1375 » Fri May 04, 2007 1:58 pm

gqpatrol wrote:Is there a way to stop caravan's rocking? Apart from abstinence :oops: :oops: Or maybe nicking off into the bushes would be better? Everytime we have stayed in a van, it's definitely been an issue, especially with the kids in the van as well :shock: .

Hadn't considered that aspect :shock: - how about camper trailers, much movement there?

Thank God we have a tent I would say..... (and separate bedrooms for us and the little bloke)
JM1375
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Fri May 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Unfortunately CT's rock even with the brakes on. Of course I have only experienced this from my wife and I climbing up and down from the bed.
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Rockin'

Postby gqpatrol » Fri May 04, 2007 9:54 pm

If the van's a rockin don't come a knockin' hee hee hee :*** :*** ::()
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Sat May 05, 2007 10:04 am

So, a romatic camping weekend involves chocolate, honey, red thai duck curry, wine and drink, cheese, marshmallows, strawberries, a nice rug or doona, a quick trip into the bushes, a rockin' van and terrified children. :shock:

There is a quite an obession with food here!
Troyk

Postby CCC » Sat May 05, 2007 11:26 am

any other ideas then?
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Sat May 05, 2007 11:46 am

Nah! No kids (or other people for matter) and you are 99% there.

Mind you I don't how the kids will react. "Don't worry kids were just taking the camper trailer for a run"
Troyk

Postby CCC » Sat May 05, 2007 11:48 am

:***
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Blue Bravo » Sat May 05, 2007 11:12 pm

Can camping be romantic

Well first aniversary was a show in Sydney, dinner, night in a hotel etc.

The last aniversary was camping at Chichester Dam - spot by the river, no near neighbours (so what if there is some rocking it's all about position) and an earl :?# y night.
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mummeee74 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:00 am

Think i would stay at home, enjoy a quiet house, order take away, do what w e please when we please, sounds good to me! (We have also been married 10yrs, perhaps I have lost the romance....)
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby Woodsy » Sat May 12, 2007 4:54 pm

When my Gf and i went camping we had a nice quiet spot around 50 metres away from anyone else and then the familes came. Which meant alot of kids around although there was no "Hanky Panky" we still had a good time with it being just us. Romance does'nt mean shagging although it certainly is welcomed :*** . I say find a nice spot by the water, setup, relax for the day cook some dinner with some Beverages :beer and enjoy the time alone in a beautiful place. We have only ever been camping twice... both times without a radio and told people not to call us unless it was urgent. You will find that at the end of the weekend you haven't missed music and you haven't missed your mobile because "You're Relaxed!!!!"

Cheers

Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Re: Can camping be romantic?

Postby Bearded shark » Wed May 16, 2007 11:35 pm

Family Campers wrote:DH and I are celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary in December. ::()

I hope DH is his initials :*** and not what its short for. Wouldnt make for a good start to a romantic holiday if it is.

If my wife planned a camping holiday as a surprise, I think her biggest issues would be gaining my trust in her choice of location, and gaining my trust in her ability to plan it correctly and not forget anything. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it in the bush, without overpacking. He could even drive and you give directions.

LONG LIVE THE CAMPING WOMAN! Don't kill him with shock tho.
Bearded shark
Camping King

Postby Komodo » Thu May 17, 2007 1:35 pm

DH = Dear Husband
DW = Dear Wife
DD = Dear Daughter
DS = Dear Son

etc
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat