BUGGA !!!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby mummeee74 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:30 pm

I was watching something on driver training on tele (yes I am a couch expert) and they said the main problem when you hit a roo is braking before you hit it, dips the bonnet down and they bounce through your windscreen, brake after you hit them I think and it bounces them away from the car. mmmm not sure if I have that right, but I guess the trick is remembering.
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue May 08, 2007 3:38 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:yep he understands the issues with them.

would they get bogged with lower tyre pressures (10psi)?

Any 4x4 will be fine on most sand if you get the pressures right. 15 psi to start and go down from there. But I'd go a GQ over and 80 any day 8)

mummeee74 wrote:I was watching something on driver training on tele (yes I am a couch expert) and they said the main problem when you hit a roo is braking before you hit it, dips the bonnet down and they bounce through your windscreen, brake after you hit them I think and it bounces them away from the car. mmmm not sure if I have that right, but I guess the trick is remembering.

Sounds good in theory, but if you hit the brakes early enough you may miss the roo entirely :lol: Best bet would be brake as hard as you can, and just before you hit, let them off to allow the suspension to de-compress.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat