Vehicle poll

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby Scolers » Wed May 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Jeeps wrote:
Looking into it, it's cheaper to spend the 10k extra on the Rubicon than mod a Sport because the Rubicon has stronger axles, diffs, it's lifted 2", has offroad tyres, has auto swaybar disco's, lower low range gearing etc. BUT IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN A DIESEL DANG IT! Apparently a diesel could be released next year but spare a thought for the american market because they don't have a diesel wranger at all!

The only concern I would have ... and it ain't much ... is I'd rather have the 16 inch rms as opposed to the 17" rims that come with the Rubicon. Beside that and the deisel issue I'd LOVE a Rubi!!!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed May 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Jeeps wrote:
Ozzycamperboy wrote:
You can get after-market difflocks easily enough(ARB, TJM). Easier to start with want you want and then add to it, than to compromise. I dare say the after market lockers would be stronger too.

But are they covered by the 3 year factory warranty like the factory lockers are? and would the ARB's be stronger in the Sport's dana 30 front diff compared to the Rubicon's front dana 40? ;)

Looking into it, it's cheaper to spend the 10k extra on the Rubicon than mod a Sport because the Rubicon has stronger axles, diffs, it's lifted 2", has offroad tyres, has auto swaybar disco's, lower low range gearing etc. BUT IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN A DIESEL DANG IT! Apparently a diesel could be released next year but spare a thought for the american market because they don't have a diesel wranger at all!

Fairy nuff

In which case I'd be waiting till the Rubicon Diesel came out. Or just putting up with the petrol.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby VADLEM » Sun May 13, 2007 4:42 pm

These is my rides... 93 Delica 2.5 l300 , 1974 Jensen Healy 4.0l alloy Quad cam V8.....

ImageImage the camping trailer has all our gear plus the 400l esky on the front is about to get lengthend so I can make a flip up frame for the boat so I can take both :armsup the Deli has been the best,,,, it's a little bit under powered bout in low range it's got ooooodles of grunt... and with the size of our family it's the shizzle...
DAVE & MEL + 3.6 KIDSImage
VADLEM
Boy Scout

Postby Bearded shark » Thu May 17, 2007 10:50 pm

Will post pics of our setup in a few days but I been goin 2 the same hilly, rocky, muddy (when wet) area for 15yrs and in that time I've taken an '84 corona wgn, a '73 LJ torana, a '97 vs commodore, a '77 HZ ute, and now my '94 HZJ 75 cruiser or my wifes '98 GU patrol (plus an assortment of friends' cars who have accompanied us). All of our cars were towing our camper loaded up to a ton at a time plus gear in the car. It doesnt matter what u have, as long as it's strong, reliable, well serviced and the driver has a good off rd knowledge and capability (oh, and you are prepared to get it dirty).
Bearded shark
Camping King

Postby bennyballbag » Thu May 31, 2007 6:48 pm

i take my vs commodores ussually or my parents LWB hiace van.
bennyballbag
Boy Scout

Postby s4j » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:58 pm

We've just gotten rid of our '93 3L Rex Hunt Special Patrol.....the fuel economy was just the best for the size.....but alas we didn't need two Patrols.....The new one is the '02 4.2L Turbo Diesel.....ohhh and she's a little dirty in this pic we found a little mud puddle one day.... :*** :*** and the mud was the same colour as the duco.... :grin: :grin:

[img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/scrappin4joy/RHPatrol.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/scrappin4joy/Patrolupload.jpg[/img][/img]
s4j
Camping King

cars hey?

Postby shermo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:53 pm

I drive a holden ADVENTURA all wheel drive (company car)

Shermo
shermo
Camping King

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat