Sydney Camping Show

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Sydney Camping Show

Postby DQ » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:34 pm

We are hoping to purchase a Jayco campervan - is it worth our while to buy it at the camping show in Sydney in April? :D
DQ
Captain Camping

Campervan

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:23 am

Have you deceided on the model and shopped it around at all? Let me know we have a contact at Jayco may be able to advise if they will be having any specials at the show on your chosen model.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby DQ » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:47 pm

Thanks for the reply.

We are wanting a Jayco Swan Outback, including the annex and a few other extras. We were quoted around $26K at Coffs Harbour in January.
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Does it have to be a Swan? That's quite expensive ... you should be able to get at least $2k off that ... ring around and then shop around. That is a VERY expensive Swan Outback.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:50 pm

Really? That was at Watson's Caravans on one of their big "sale" days!? :? That price included the camper being made "offroad" along with the 12v battery and full annex. The price for the standard unit was around $19K.

In answer to your question, no it doesn't have to be a Swan but of all the Jayco's, we liked the layout of the Swan the best. Do you have any recommendations of other brands similar to this one?

Any advice is very much appreciated. :)
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:28 pm

Allright ... firstly an apology .. sorry ... :P ... you quoted 'the lot' ie. annexe, offroader etc. etc. ... so I guess the Swan with 'the lot' will cost you the price you have quoteed but I would still say shop around ... do you get to Sydney? Might be wirthwhile giving the city guys a ring and seeing what they can offer you for the Swan Offroader.

2. Do you need an offroader? I have a camper trailer but only really take it to camping grounds and caravan parks. But you have obviously thought about this ... no worries.

3. Do you really want to save money? Then check the classifieds ... some ppl buy an offroad Jayco and find it's not what they want and thus have to get rid of it in order to get what they DO want. If you sre not in a hurry go the classifieds! I've seen heaps of units going for good prices.

4. I like the Swan too ... especially the club lounge ... 8) ...

All the best DQ!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Gear Guide