The official Pad/Chit chat thread...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

The official Pad/Chit chat thread...

Postby DQ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:12 pm

Hey? Is anyone even on this site? I've joined a couple of other forum sites and they have hundreds of people on line at any time! Wondering where everyone is?? :roll:
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:15 pm

Yeah I've only been on this site for about 3 weeks and am nearly the top poster ... wonder why ppl sign up and dont post ... but silly really.

:?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:30 pm

Its frustrating cos I thought we were all here for the same reason - to share info about camping and equipment etc. I've got a tent for sale on this site and over 100 people have looked at it but not one query??? Wonder what I'm doing wrong!?

Are you tent man? We're in the process of upgrading from tent to Jayco Camper..... Many more dollars involved but hopefully easier/faster setup times.

:)
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:28 am

Set up time qucker? Naaah! It will still take around one hour to set up fully maybe a little longer depending on how big the annexe is.

A freind of mine has a camper trailer (tent type) and just bought a Jayco ... he thought the same thing (quicker set up time) but it ends up taking him 1.25 hrs (approx.). But don't forget ... once it's up it's pure luxury ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Kramer » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:38 pm

Scolers wrote:Yeah I've only been on this site for about 3 weeks and am nearly the top poster ... wonder why ppl sign up and dont post ... but silly really.

Scol.

I visit here most days just to see whats going on, don't usually have much to post as I don't get around in the major cities, just in central QLD mainly.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Set up time

Postby DQ » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:33 pm

1.25 hours!?? What's he doing? No beers allowed until setup is complete - it's the only way.

Friends of ours have theirs set up in 20 minutes without annex and 45 with - about 3 hours less than our best tent set up time! 8)
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:35 pm

Swag 8)
Setup Time = .25 secs
Time before beer= .26 secs :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: Set up time

Postby Scolers » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:59 pm

DQ wrote:1.25 hours!?? What's he doing? No beers allowed until setup is complete - it's the only way.

Friends of ours have theirs set up in 20 minutes without annex and 45 with - about 3 hours less than our best tent set up time! 8)

Another fellow I saw late last year had a Finch ... took him over one hour to pack ... it MAY take 20mins to set the van up but everything else also takes time ... I'm only going off what I saw and what ppl said tho' ... when you get yours let us know how long it takes to set up completely.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:54 pm

Ok Schol - I'll let you know (as long as I'm right.........) :lol:
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Cheiffy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:49 pm

I'm with you Ozzy, my swag is by far the easiest set up I have. Hey DQ, what tent could take more then 3 hours to set up?

8) Cheiffy
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:15 pm

DQ wrote:Ok Schol - I'll let you know (as long as I'm right.........) :lol:

20 mins WITH annexe ... naah ... love to see the sweat you exude tho' ... ;)

bugga me ... I've just clipped the Activity Dept. Ozzycamperboy I'm after you now ... :P

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:55 pm

Cheiffy wrote:I'm with you Ozzy, my swag is by far the easiest set up I have. Hey DQ, what tent could take more then 3 hours to set up?

8) Cheiffy

You're missing my point boys. The fact of the matter is that our Nomad 4 room tent along with gazebo, tarp and other accessories could literally take us all day to set up - that's why we thought something like the Jayco could make our lives easier and ensure we can get to that beer drinking caper faster!

I get your point about the swag, but I'm way past sleeping in a swag - I'm sure you enjoy it but it's not for me. :)
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:04 am

I'm with you DQ ... camp in style and comfort ... makes for a much better camping trip al 'round.

This is one of the longest threads going ... your calls for posts must have been hear DQ! :shock:

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby mytribe » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:28 pm

This site is very slow, and a lot of the posts don't even get looked at, let alone answered.

I posted on Wednesday asking for suggestions of camping spots and have had no replies.
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Scolers » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:17 pm

I'm from West Aussie so I cant help you mate ... sorry!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat