which ct, coromal, jayco or goldstream

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Goldstream Storm

Postby PaulE » Mon May 28, 2007 10:18 pm

Goannabanda, congrats on the new purchase. :+

That is exactly what we purchased, only difference was ours was a new 2007 model. We also got the bed ends and the full annex, these are a fantastic unit. Haven't had the chance to go away in it yet but we are booked to go in the next couple of weeks.

They are very hard to come by second hand, I couldn't find any when I was looking. If you move over to QLD then let me know, maybe we could meet up somewhere for a trip and show our STORMS off. I' ve had mine set up every weekend since we got it delivered and I've learnt a few short cuts and better methods of getting it up and down.

Good luck with it, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2007 Golstream Storm
PaulE
Boy Scout

Postby freerocketman1 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:25 am

them bloody melbourne storm :***
[just a joke we have up here in qld]
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Troyk » Tue May 29, 2007 6:23 pm

Though there are a few queenslanders in the storm side.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Goannabanda » Wed May 30, 2007 1:09 am

I'd rather be a Mexican than a cane toad. :***

Congrats on your purchase PaulE - the new 2007 Storm are a very nice unit. Has yours got the groovy zip down side wall? Have fun in it when you get away. We are planning to pick ours up on the weekend. After our son discovered Movie World ad on TV last weekend, looks like we might have to plan a QLD trip in the near future. Just long enough for the "worlds tour", before heading north or inland for some real QLD (as opposed to the plastic-coated Gold Coast) sounds great to me.
Please don't feed the Goanna.
Goannabanda
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Wed May 30, 2007 11:32 am

This thread is making me green with envy.

Mods! Delete this thread!!!

;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Troyk » Wed May 30, 2007 6:05 pm

Goannabanda wrote:I'd rather be a Mexican than a cane toad. :***

Don't really know Anna. In Qld they are both introduced pests! :grin: Just Joking :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Goannabanda » Wed May 30, 2007 10:23 pm

:*** I like that one Troy!!

sorry Scolers - if it makes you feel better, we bought it on the "never, never" payments plan... ...we might have got a nice camper in a hurry, but now we gotta pay for it... :?
Goannabanda
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Thu May 31, 2007 11:17 am

Goannabanda wrote:sorry Scolers - if it makes you feel better, we bought it on the "never, never" payments plan... ...we might have got a nice camper in a hurry, but now we gotta pay for it... :?

Ahhhh ... I feel much better now thanks ... I'm just going outside to have a look at my fully paid off CT.

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby PaulE » Thu May 31, 2007 10:27 pm

Goannabanda,

What do you mean by the groovy zip down the side wall? Where exactly are you talking about as I don't think mine has this, I will have another look on the weekend when I put it up again.

Let us know how you go on the weekend, you'll be in there setting it up and playing with it like a kid with a new toy.
2007 Golstream Storm
PaulE
Boy Scout

Postby HGMonaro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:52 am

Paul, they call it a breakfast bar or something. It allows you to remove the whole (well, from door to rear) side curtain from the camper for the open air feel! Sorta nifty, but we didn't option it.
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Re: Goldstream Storm

Postby colinf » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Congratulations on your purcahse I hope the Goldstream Storm is a great van as we just bought a new 2007 Model ourselves along with a New 3 Litre Turbo Patrol.
Looking forward to using both real soon[/quote]
colinf

Postby colinf » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:43 pm

Paul
I have just bought the Goldstream Storm from the camping show at the RNA grounds. The wall we have on ours fixed though I did see the servery wall that the other gentlmen has and it can be bought for ours. The cost is about $400 (My wife thinks)
[/quote]
colinf

Postby HGMonaro » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:51 pm

our Goldstream is now a Wing IV... because we've made so many enhancements!

If you get a internal 12V outlet, check how it 'works' as ours is wired incorrectly. It's on when the camper lights are off, and vice-versa

Cheers, Nige
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby Goannabanda » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi gang,
I've been MIA for a week or two. We picked up our Storm a couple of weekends ago, and slept a night in it over the QB'day long weekend - sadly in our own backyard. LOL! :*** We're planning to take it away each weekend of the June holidays. Thinking of Healseville, Maldon and trying to decide on a third place for the final weekend. :?

We even got a new gas regulator without having to ask (but thanks for the tip HGMonaro!). :+

See you on the road! :--?
Goannabanda
Boy Scout

Previous

Return to Camper Trailers