The official Pad/Chit chat thread...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:12 pm

Cheiffy wrote:I'm with you Ozzy, my swag is by far the easiest set up I have. Hey DQ, what tent could take more then 3 hours to set up?

8) Cheiffy

FINALLY, someone with some sense :mrgreen: j/k
I dont see how people could say a swag is uncomfy, mine is as soft as my bed at home, the only 'rough' part is if you need somewhere private to change :shock: :oops:
Plus I get to watch the stars till I doze off :P

Scolers wrote:
DQ wrote:Ok Schol - I'll let you know (as long as I'm right.........) :lol:

20 mins WITH annexe ... naah ... love to see the sweat you exude tho' ... ;)

bugga me ... I've just clipped the Activity Dept. Ozzycamperboy I'm after you now ... :P

Scol.

catch me if you can :P

EDIT: Wooohoo, top of page two. Gotta be the first thread with more than one page huh?
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Cheiffy » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:24 am

Admittably, a camper van can be very comfortable. My wife and I hired one when we went north a while ago. My only problem with it was I found it to be a nuisance to pack up and set up for an overnite stop. If I was going somewhere and staying put for a week or so, I would probably consider hiring another. But it is just so much easier having a tent or swag if you were on a stop and go type holiday. Plus the insurance and extra rego would start to pee me off as well. On top of this you pat a small fortune to get your car and trailer onto the barges to Fraser, Moreton or Staddie Islands.
You are right DQ, any shortcut to beer o'clock should always be given the serious consideration that it deserves.
I just purchased one of those OzTent 30 second tents yesterday. It came complete with the extra side awnings as well as front panel and fly. This would have to be the easiest tent I have seen or used. The front awning is huge and has eliminated the need to erect the tarp when it just the two of us. I am hoping to get away in the next few weeks to give her a try.

MyTribe, I am in SE QLD so I cannot help you in your quest. I think Craig Lewis and Cathy Savage bought out a book listing campsites near each capital city. Maybe this can help in your quest.

Cheers

Cheiffy
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:53 am

ozzycamperboy wrote:catch me if you can :P

EDIT: Wooohoo, top of page two. Gotta be the first thread with more than one page huh?

I'm nearly half way there Ozzy and I still don't feel I say much ... you're in my sites ... AND I've only been here for 6 weeks ... :mrgreen:

Cheify,

I agree with you re. overnight stops. We rarely go away for an 'overnighter'. The only time we stay in one place is when we are travelling a fair distance eg. Broome. Then we stay in a cabin a nd don't bother unloading the trailer. Broome is only one night away from us so once we hit Broome it's out with the Camper and seven luxurious nights in paradise. (With lots of beer ... ;)

Also, I'm not keen on those campervan thingys like Blitz hire out. You get to a camp site and everytime you want to go for a drive you have to pack everything up ... bugga that ... I like my camper trailer that way the car is free to drive to wherever.

:idea:

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:16 pm

while on about fast tents, I like the ones you see in american movies in their army, looks inflatable, they unroll em, let a valve loose and they pop up :mrgreen: , i think technically it was a temporary building like a HQ or Field hospital but you could use it as a huge tent. It'd be coold to have something like that, overkill, but cool aswell :lol:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby DQ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:10 pm

I just wanted to congratulate everyone for finally having something interesting to talk about ! I've been on this site for weeks and I thought everyone was asleep!

Thanks for keeping me entertained - keep up the good work! Swags, tents or campers, we're all in it for the same reason - enjoy the weekends and work to live (not live to work!)

:D
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:52 am

OK ... so that's DQ happy ... anyone else?

:roll:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:45 pm

Can someone tell me how to attach photos in this forum? I agree with you about the Britz/Mauii vans - we hired one in Tassie and hated not having a car to zip around in.

I'd like to show you some pictures of the camper we've got in mind.
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:10 pm

I can't see where you'd attach any pics ... maybe Ozzie can help out ... :?:
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Well, it appears you cannot actually 'attach' images through this site, buy you can link images from other sites. I use http://www.photobucket.com , you sign up for free, upload your images, and then you can copy the links to them (with image tags) straight into your posts.

Image tags are these things in brackets that go around the url of your picture " Image"

With photobucket, you already have the image tags inserted for you so you just copy and paste :wink:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby DQ » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:05 pm

How about you just go to the website : jayco.com.au then go to camper trailers then the image gallery.

Thanks for trying to help too! :D
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:15 pm

Are we talking about the Swan DQ?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:07 pm

Yeah - either the Swan or the Hawk. There's only about 40cm difference in size (length) and the layout's very similar.

We're going to check one out this weekend with solar panelling - how exciting! :D
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:38 pm

You need the solar panelling to run the fridge which keeps the beer cold. 8)

Sounds quite a unit ... keep us posted as to price, extras etc.

Then if you buy it all you need to do is cross the nullarbor so I can have a squiz ... :mrgreen:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:00 pm

I do have a brother in WA so it's not out of the question! 8)
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:20 pm

:lol:

I'm runnin' away ... emigrating even!

What suburb or town does he live in?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat