The official Pad/Chit chat thread...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby DQ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:09 pm

:lol:
Nollamarra - WA

It's a long drive though. We were there last June but we flew over!
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby DQ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:10 pm

Hey? Can you believe we're up to Page 3!??? I knew it could be done! :wink:
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:42 pm

DQ wrote::lol:
Nollamarra - WA

It's a long drive though. We were there last June but we flew over!

Too close! :o :wink:

It must be your great leadership that has kept this thread going DQ ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Congratulations

Postby Joy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:36 pm

I guess this is where I should come in and say yes we are not doing a very good job of keeping everyone entertained in the forum. I think we ran out of steam, when we first launched we did a TV advert in the Northern Rivers area and had hundreds join and the site got very busy but it was difficult to keep up as everyone wanted something and as this is a volunteer system it became very tedious to keep up. Popularity has come and gone and come and gone but it is nice to see some meaningful conversations taking place. Thanks for your support and if you have any comments on how to improve the service for the users let me know, I will do what I can.
Joy
Joy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:17 pm

Thanks Joy,

I think when you get a few ppl together who are willing to chat (read gasbag) about waht they've been doing, where they've been etc then ppl with a genuine interest will tag along for the ride. The only problem is when the 'gasbaggers' go their following can also decline.

So where is DQ? :lol: :P

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:29 pm

I think i "Chit Chat section" or something to that effect would help, where you can post utterly random conversational stuff like this thread :mrgreen: And dont worry Joy, i've been very lazy too and havent done reviews, but the good news is i've been to stockton Beach last w/end, am going to condobolin this weekend, and MAYBE frasier island in September, woohooo, so will write sumthing about them if i can, not many pics from stocko but i want to go there again about may/june so will take more then
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby DQ » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:34 am

I'm still here!! Sorry - been VERY busy and finally bought our camper on the weekend!! :D

BUT......there's a story there. I'll post it tonight from home (I'm at work at the moment)....... Stay tuned.... :wink:
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:12 pm

We eagerly await your narration ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:41 pm

Well. Finally, we were in a financial position to take the plunge and buy the Swan that we had been researching for around 3 months. We had been given a quote from the nearest dealer to us but unfortunately, they didn't have a 2006 model for us to look at until the end of March. So we took ourselves off to another dealer (3 hours drive from home) to inspect the 2006 Swan. On our arrival, the dealer decided to inform us that too much information may confuse us mere mortals and was not very forthcoming with the info we required. In the end, we showed him the quote we'd received (stupid mistake :oops: ) and asked if he could better it. He informed us that he could, but in his view, we'd just take it back to the original dealer and buy it from them! He said unless we would commit to buying that day from him, he couldn't help us! :shock: So, we walked away - with no price - and drove the 3 hours home. The very next day, we drove to our nearest dealer (1.5 hours drive from home) and ordered the Swan at a total cost of $22,000. I hope the idiot works on commission.......

I've since sent an email to Jayco head office (as well as the manager of the dealership involved) but doubt very much I'll receive a reply. :roll:
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:48 pm

So is that a saving of $4k? I thought your original price of $26k sounded a bit high but then you said there were 'extra's'.

Shame about the farting about. You think they'd have been more welcoming ... 2nd hand is the way a lot of ppl are going now so to get a new van buyer in would have been great for them I would have thought.

Anyway, at ;east you have it ordered. How long before you get it?

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:56 pm

We didn't end up getting the annex walls (an extra $1,400) as we thought they may be on sale at the Sydney Camping Show and if not, we'll go back to Ryans Caravans in Dubbo where we bought the van and... by the way.... they were VERY friendly, nice, helpful etc.... :)

We have to wait until May for it to come in :cry: but I imagine it will be worth the wait!

We actually researched a 2nd hand model but they weren't that much cheaper and we were worried about leaks/rust etc.
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:31 pm

I know what you mean about the second hand ones ... but so far the one's Ive seen (and they can be up to 20 yrs old) seem to be ok. Mind you ... if you have the cash then go for it!

Did you have a look at the coromals? I love the presentation but they are a bit too heavy for a RAV4.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:47 pm

That was hubby's job to research the coromals - he looked at a few but he thought they were dearer than the swan.

Have you got a new Rav4? We looked at them 8)

Going to bed soon - talk tomorrow??
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:58 pm

The Coromals are more expensive but the interior design is better IMO.

We have the 2004 model ... still the same size engine but not as big.

I'm told a RAV4 can pull a Jayco but not the coromal.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:18 pm

Rav4 :shock:, *sniggers* :mrgreen: .....

DQ, name and shame the dealer mate :wink: , there are few things I hate more than smug salespeople who treat you like an idiot :evil: . Good onya for seemingly keeping polite with him, I think I would have given him an earful and more if he 'witheld' any info about a product I wanted.

/rant off :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat