tell me about your critters

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Postby Scolers » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:19 am

Then maybe another day seeing stuff like the koala park, or featherdale wildlife park,

Ha! A Westy! And yes I only just looked at your sig location ... :shock:

:)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Scolers » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:20 am

And we made 2 pages on this one too!

DQ would be so please ... we must be the class of 2006 ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby stepka » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:20 pm

I hope you have a bonza time when you get here, it would be a shame to come all this way for a Barry Crocker.

So, where can I get some Barry Crocker repellent?

If we don't make it out to the west of Australia, it will be because the Nullarbor Plain stopped us. I've heard it is the most desolate place on earth with absolutely nothing to break it up. And people do live there? Well, we have places like that too, out west. There are places in Wyoming that look just like Mars--though that is interesting for a while.

Not sure about Sydney--we'll probably take the advice and give it a couple of days.

We're getting our plans together, and I'll post on some places we'd like to see, and y'all can tell us what's worth it to see.
stepka
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:19 pm

You can cross the Nullarbor in a day easy. South Aus border to Esperance or Kalgoorlie (both a must see) would take about 15 hrs. There are enough fuul stops inbetween but they will be expensive.

Personally I like West Aussie becuase you can 'hide' all over the palce and not be bugged by people ... but if you want to meet ppl just stick to the towns/ caravan parks and they'll love to meet you ... but not Barry Crocker ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:43 pm

Perth sounds nice, and looks nice, but its so far out away from everything, you invest so much time and energy getting there, and then to see anything else you've gotta go back accross to the east, cause thats where the party's at :mrgreen: :P , Id say if your driving (hire car I imagine?) Land in sydney or even south like melbourne, and drive north stopping all the way for a day or two where it interests you. Then, when you hit cairns or the cape, fly over to perth and maybe even go via alice springs? Also depends alot on budget i spose, so bang for buck I'd go the east coast, but then again I've never been to the west coast but this whole post rests on the assumption that Perth is the only place worth visiting over there :shock: (except for Broome maybe but thats heaps far north from Perth)
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:57 pm

ozzycamperboy wrote: but this whole post rests on the assumption that Perth is the only place worth visiting over there :shock: (except for Broome maybe but thats heaps far north from Perth)

Not the 'whole' post ... just my posts 'cause that's where I live and I've lived in Sydney too (as already stated), and Alice Springs (not stated) and many other places ... and if I haven't been to such places then I wouldn't comment on them ... ;)

:)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:02 pm

I've been up the east coast, and I've seen a map of WA, thats all the 'evidence' I need :P :mrgreen:

Lets not start a battle of the states here :wink: , oh, whoops i already did :twisted: :P
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:25 am

ozzycamperboy wrote:
Lets not start a battle of the states here :wink: , oh, whoops i already did :twisted: :P

You sure did!

We should have secceeded while we had the chance early last century ... :wink:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:09 pm

Geez Scol - is there anywhere you HAVEN'T lived?? :lol: And yes, by the way, I'm very proud of all the chit chat! :)

Hey Stepka - if you want to see some beautiful bushland - head out our way! There's camping in the Wollemi National Park at a place called Dunns Swamp (ignore the bad name) - about 3.5 hours from Sydney. It's gorgeous! :D
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:08 pm

I've nly lived in three states ... NSW, NT (not a state but you get the idea) and WA. And I've done a lot of travelling inbetween ;)

There's camping in the Wollemi National Park

Wollemi?!

Isn't that where Dr. Jurds Jungle Juice is made? Or has that closed down now?
Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:29 pm

Dr Jurds??? :idea: Never heard of it! Sounds interesting though.....
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:36 pm

It was a fortified wine ... it was great until it becmae touristy ... from memory it was at Wollemi (the village) ... head north out of Sydney and turn off just past The Oaks dairy factory.

That's the best my memeory will allow ... too much Dr. Jurds in my younger days ... :?

:roll:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby DQ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:45 pm

Ahh - that would be up Maitland/Cessnock way, I think.

The Wollemi National Park is huge but Dunns Swamp camping spot is actually near Rylstone (1 hour West of Lithgow) - gorgeous spot with great swimming/fishing! Unfortunately though, it's become quite popular over the years and at Easter in particular, you'd be flat out getting a good spot! :(
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:49 pm

DQ wrote: Unfortunately though, it's become quite popular over the years and at Easter in particular, you'd be flat out getting a good spot! :(

That's what I like about Perth ... many spots north you can go and just be the only one's on the beach ... Easter can be a different sotry it just depends how far north you go. Personally I stay home at Easter and save my Driver's licence points ... :shock:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby stepka » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Hey Stepka - if you want to see some beautiful bushland - head out our way! There's camping in the Wollemi National Park at a place called Dunns Swamp (ignore the bad name) - about 3.5 hours from Sydney. It's gorgeous!

Thanks DQ, we will certainly look into that.

Jungle juice? I want to try some!
stepka
Boy Scout

PreviousNext

Return to Camping Tips and Locations