Hi All. Anyone been to Flannagans Reserve Qld?

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi All. Anyone been to Flannagans Reserve Qld?

Postby have_guitar_will_travel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi All, Just thought I'd introduce myself. Married male with 25year old son that loves fishing and camping. We do heaps together. We live on Gold Coast. My interests are guitars (I'm a guitar parts importer and retailer of guitars http://guitarpartsaustralia.com ).
We're planning on trying out Flannagans Reserve in the next 3 to 4 weeks. We'll probably freeze in the tent but reckon we'll still have fun. We want to camp and fish there. Can anyone who has been there tell me what baits they use? I believe most use lures for Bass and there's also mullet there. Can anyone also tell me how the water is flowing there now. Is it worth throwing a line in there? I believe that there's wood available at a price (thats ok) and plenty of tables around the place.
Any comments appreciated.
If at first you dont succeed.....Cheat next time !
have_guitar_will_travel

Postby Troyk » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few posts about Flanagans Reserve here.

Try this one.

http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1308

Might have the info you need, otherwise post a reply there. There a few Flanagan fans on the forum.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby CCC » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:30 pm

:hello: welcome to the forum.

Alma
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby shermo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:36 pm

welcome on board

I am also new to the site and have nothing but help and good advice since joining - have a blast

Shermo
shermo
Camping King

Postby have_guitar_will_travel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:11 am

Thanks for the Welcome folks. I've found info on Flannagans. Hope to be here for a long time.
If at first you dont succeed.....Cheat next time !
have_guitar_will_travel

Return to Introductions: