Where Is Everyone

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Where Is Everyone

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Hey

Where is everyone. I have been out of action for two weeks and there doesn't seem to be anything happening. It's the same over on my forum.

Is there anyone out there ?????

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby jollyroger » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:20 pm

Dereck!

I am guilty...I have been off buying a new house and that has consumed all my time and energy.
I think it will for a little longer too!
I haven't even been able to think about camping. I walk past the CT and say to it..."you have a nice new home soon" all under cover and dry under foot"

So until the end of August moving and selling the current pad will take my time, energy and worries....

Can you send that link again of the web TV site you do.

BTW we did a damper in the Camp Oven on the last LW in SA and it sucked and burnt too. We put coals on top and bottom. What did we do wrong?

Can't even do bloody damper!
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:24 pm

To many coals and she got to hot I would say.

Here's the link - http://www.the4x4show.net/
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Komodo@home » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:42 pm

I'm here. Bit flat out at work lately - hence not much forum whoring going on on my behalf.
Komodo@home
Captain Camping

Postby Hissy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:55 am

Frozen but still here.

Last few mornings we have had frost and today it was 2 degrees.

Busy planning the respray on my trailer before the new camper top arrives.

I have had a frame made up which the will support the camper top and still let me use the trailer for other purposes.

Respray should be completed in August.

Post photos soon.
Hissy
Hissy
Captain Camping

Postby jasonb » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:47 pm

im here ,ive been posting but no-one talks too me :( :( :booty :***
are we there yet ?
jasonb
Captain Camping

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm

jasonb wrote:im here ,ive been posting but no-one talks too me :( :( :booty :***

:*** :*** :*** I'll talk to you.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby jasonb » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:01 pm

thanx mate ,see somebody wuves me :*** :***
are we there yet ?
jasonb
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:06 pm

I am writing this as a constructive suggestion to help get things going.

The forums dilemma is, to get the forum more active we need more members, but to get more members we need more activity. Get my drift :grin:

I found the site through google, doing a search for info on my 3 way fridge and one of the hits was a post on this forum. Had a look around the forum and it looked interesting. So I joined and the rest as they say is history.

Of course the danger with making this post, hey what’s my great idea, but the thought I had was that we needed to broaden the topics of discussion (don't mean the forum structure), to include more broader topics that may have a less tangible connection to camping. That means the chances of future members hitting the site are increased. Widen the net so to speak.

Anyhow some of the possible camping related stuff I am doing at the moment which I am happy to chat about;
- putting together a DVD of our trip to Carnarvon Gorge last year. I have a miniDV video camera and it gets a fair bit of use on our camping trips and I put together a DVD of the best bits, edited with music, chapters, menus etc, with DVD case and a printed cover. We now have a collection and the kids enjoy watching themselves at various locations, especially when they were a wee smaller.
- nearly finished reading the book “The Dig Tree” on the Burke and Wills expedition.
- being a Civil Engineer I have an insatiable hunger for numbers so I have a GPS. I use Google Earth to store my data, marked locations of visited campgrounds and all the routes I have travelled. I use GE to plot out future trips as well. Happy to post some of may data around SEQ if anyone is interested.
- Planning a trip up along the Dinosaur Trail (Longreach/Winton/Hughenden/Richmond) in North West Qld for the Sept holidays, and convincing my 3yo daughter that we wont encounter actual living dinosaurs.
- do all this to keep my mind off work where the State Govt is taking over Council water assets (and me and my staff) and wondering where I and my colleagues will be working next year!.

As I said at the start just trying to be constructive. :grin:

Anyhow the thing I am curious about is, what happended on 27 Oct 2004 to get so mnay people on line at once? :beer
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby CCC » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:13 pm

I'm here but I can't find anything to comment on :***
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Troy

What sort of video have you got. I am looking at making a DVD of camp cooking and cannot decide on the right equipment. I also need a cameraman/woman to assist. :grin:
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:20 pm

Ya'all go on over HERE and listen to Grandad's Crusty Damper and get some motivation. :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :***
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:07 pm

I've been in m :) ost nights. My Mum told me if I didn't have anything to say then say nothing and thats what I did
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 pm

Blue Bravo wrote:I've been in m :) ost nights. My Mum told me if I didn't have anything to say then say nothing and thats what I did

AQnd your signature says "adventure before dementia" :?#
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby jollyroger » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Troyk!

There must be something in Google Earth that could be used on this forum as a hunting game. Lock in some (sorry - satellite talk) quote random co- ordinates and hunt something down. A landmark or camping ground. What could make it harder if there is not name of the area and you have to guess..

Just trying to help!

Try this on for size.. Here is a place I camped three years ago.

Lat: 29°23'29.29"S
Long: 130°45'11.75"E

Can you name it. It's not a camping ground as such but there is a settlement there.

good luck!
[/quote]
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat