Jollyroger's Google Earth Hunting Game

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Jollyroger's Google Earth Hunting Game

Postby Troyk » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:27 pm

jollyroger wrote:Troyk!

There must be something in Google Earth that could be used on this forum as a hunting game. Lock in some (sorry - satellite talk) quote random co- ordinates and hunt something down. A landmark or camping ground. What could make it harder if there is not name of the area and you have to guess..

Just trying to help!

Try this on for size.. Here is a place I camped three years ago.

Lat: 29°23'29.29"S
Long: 130°45'11.75"E

Can you name it. It's not a camping ground as such but there is a settlement there.

good luck!

Ok I will give it a go.

This one is a bit out of left fieldand yes it is Australian territory though not the mainland.

What is the name of the mountain and whats its claim to fame?

80°13′S, 157°26′E
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Troyk » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:33 pm

PS Whats Google Earth? Google Earth is a free program but probalby needs a good internet connection to work.

"Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in photographic detail. This is not like any map you have ever seen. This is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and more. You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.

Get Google Earth. Put the world in perspective."

[url](http://earth.google.com)[/url]
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Kramer » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:32 am

Hmm been looking at this, I might need some more accurate co-ordinates but it does seem to be on a big range there?
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Troyk » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Kramer wrote:Hmm been looking at this, I might need some more accurate co-ordinates but it does seem to be on a big range there?

Try these. Its pretty much the mountain peak.

79°52'20.20"S, 157°47'26.74"E

Troyk

Postby Kramer » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:17 pm

Mount McClintock technically it is the highest peak in Australia?
Kramer

Postby Troyk » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:30 pm

Well done.

:+

Yes Mt Kosciuszko is technically Australia's fourth highest mountain, though the highest on the mainland, though its probalby the only you can actually visit.

Troyk

Postby Kramer » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:16 pm

Can anyone else think of one? I will try later on tonight but everything I think of is too easy :-bang
Kramer

Return to General Chit-Chat