Campertrailer Australia Magazine

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Campertrailer Australia Magazine

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 pm

Hey folks, do any of you buy this mag. The latest one arrived in the mail a few days ago and as usual its jam packed full of info on trailers, traybacks and travel.

Well worth a look for anyone into capertrailering.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Yes. Came across it a few months back and always good read. I find it interesting even though I am not in the market for a CT. I will have to go down to the newsagent and see if it is in.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GH1967 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:37 pm

I have it too.

I get the feeling they pander to the manufacturers. The reviews are always in a positive light because obviously they don't want to lose any advertising revenue.
GH1967

Postby Scolers » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:10 pm

I used to get it as it is good to compare different CT's but would agree with GH1967 re. the reviews.

S col.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:36 pm

The way I see it, I think the companies have a lot of input into the reviews and they may not necessarily be independent.

Have noticed the actual owners of companies in many of the photos and you will also see that photos used in the adds are in some cases the same ones in the reviews.

Still a good read though. :grin:

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:27 pm

You'll find that the manufacturers will get someone to write the article and then submit to the magazine, usually as part of an advertisement package. Ever wondered why the same article can appear in a couple of different magazines. Thats how the world turns these days I suppose. In saying that its still well put together and I find it interesting to see what innovations are putting into their CT's.

Anyhow if you want to find the difference between CT's, the only way to do it, is to go to the camping shows and kick the tyres. :$

Or hey join a camping forum!

The 1953 folding van was interesting.Would have been good if they had photos of the inside. They say you can get more info from the forum, but which forum?

Cheers
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Return to Camper Trailers