Introduction

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Introduction

Postby SMP » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:26 pm

Hello. My name is Scott. I'm in my late forties, have a late teenage family and live in outer esat Melbourne. I have been camping almost all my life and have been very fortunate to have experinced bush camping from the mid sixties onwards. My wife and I and then as a family, the kids starting very young have continued bush camping as our escape. We would consider ourselves a bit green and don't go off road during the wetter month's in order to preserve the tracks. We rarely camp in camping area's and almost never in caravan parks (for washing only). We thrive on the isolation of the bush and have a 4wd in order to reach spots no one else will be at (not for the purpose of 4wding) I consider myself very lucky as I now a lot of blokes who can't get their ladies interested in this type of no facilities camping. I have been on the Exploroz forum for a while but it is domonated by 4wd threads rather than camping. We have camped throughout Victoria including the deserts, Alp's and coastal areas. I have joined this site to hopefully relate to likeminded people about spots and experiences. Hmm, that's quite an introduction! Cheers, Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Welcome Scott. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby slug » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:32 pm

Gday Scott,
except for the family and age difference i would say we have alot in common! Id be interested discussing some spot around Victoria1

slug
slug
Captain Camping

Welcome

Postby Activity_Dept » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Hey Scott and Slug welcome to the camping forum. Yes hopefully you will get more out of this forum as like you say Explore OZ and other large forums tend to be dominated with 4 x 4 stuff. Interesting enough but we hope to cover 4x4, boating, fishing etc. but more location-centric (if that’s a word). So we are looking forward to hearing from you and hope you find what your looking for on the camping forum, we have a some great people here although it has been a bit quiet lately but summertime it picks back up. :armsup
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Troyk » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Welcome Scott.

Its amazing how a few new members have sparked things up. :+
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:42 pm

Welcome aboard. :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mytribe » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:08 pm

Hi Scott, we're in the outer eastern burbs of Melb as well.
mytribe
Post Machine!

Return to Introductions: