New here but not new to traveling/camping.

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

New here but not new to traveling/camping.

Postby AussieSunset » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi Everyone.
Boy this is a great site and i'm really glad i stubbled across it. Been camping since i was a little kid. I'm 45 now and live in QLD now. All my 4 kids have left home and some have kids of their own now so time to teach the next generation. We traveled full time back in 1997 for a year and had all the kids on distance Ed. That was better for my kids than any classroom could teach them. It was one of the best times of my life ( and theirs) even if we traveled on a wing and a prayer lol. We met some great characters on our travels. The old Urvan has died and the camper went to heaven but we will be camping again with another van and tents.
I'm yet to make it all around the block yet. I'll get there one day lol. I like all the off the beaten tracks rather than the cities. I've been to every state other than Tassie but there is so much out there to see just here in our own back yard that i hope i get to see it all.
Anyway it's so nice to meet so many like minded people here and maybe meet some out camping sometime.

:grin: Heather
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Troyk » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:23 pm

Welcome aboard. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi and welcome Heather

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:13 pm

Welcome camper :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:34 am

G'day and welcome!

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby SMP » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:33 pm

Welcome Heather. I have also yet to get to Tassie amoung other places and wonder if I'll ever have the time to see any other part of the world. We certainly do live in the lucky country. Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby AussieSunset » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:39 am

Thank you for the warm welcomes :grin:
Our first camp place this season will be the Landcruiser Mountain at Jimna. Never been there so really looking forward to it with my grandson of 2 yrs old and my dog. We only have a van and no 4x4 but i dont need a 4x4 to go there so it will still be fun. We are limited now to places due to my dog but it isn't going to stop me camping with all my family (including the dog lol ).
thanks again :grin:
Heather
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:56 am

Hi Heather

Check out your local bookstore for this book. May help you find those campsites you are looking for.

Derek

This book has more than 1100 campsites listed in more than 500 parks, reserves and state forests where your dog will be welcome. Features maps and a table of campsites for each state, which collate 26 different facilities available at each site.
These include caravan access, whether camp fees apply, wheelchair access, activities and contact details for more information.

Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:06 pm

Heather,

Another one worth trying (since you are from Qld) is the publication "Camping in Southern and Central Queensland" by Martin and Roy Bowerman. Martin is the camping guru on Creek to Coast and Qld Weekender.

It has a section on camping with dogs and where you can take them.

It costs $12.95 and can be found at most camping stores.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby jeddalegs » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:16 am

hubby and i have been racking our brains trying to think of somewhere we can go camping between xmas and new year thats around the beach yet we can take the dog.... we're from brissy... cant think of anything except straddy but we dont wanna go there too crowded
jeddalegs
Boy Scout

Postby AussieSunset » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:42 pm

I have looked at that camping with dogs one but ended up buying Camps 3 book instead. I found that that had a lot of areas with dogs too. Mite still get that other one but its a bit dear. I got the camps 3 book for $20 and got all the updates off the net.
Yeah i havent found any camp areas near the coast that allow dogs other than further up north past Rocky. We only expect to stay within a day drive from Bribie this season.
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby CCC » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:24 pm

:hello: Heather

welcome and enjoy the site and camping :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Introductions: