Youth From Canada searching for help!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Youth From Canada searching for help!

Postby Canada Youth » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi, my name is Adam. I am traveling to Australia in May 08 to July 08, and thought it would be a good idea to go camping in your beautiful country. The only problem is I have no idea where to search for campsites! So I am really looking for any help that anyone could provide. I will be staying in Cairns for a couple days, Mackay for a day, Brisbane and Sydney. Any camp locations and tips for these areas would be awesome!

Thanks,
Your neighbor, in the North...! Way North!
Canada Youth

Postby nocansing » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:33 pm

Hey Adam! I only got back from Canada recently (Vancouver, BC) and its gotta be one of the best places in the world to go hiking and camping so hope you enjoy whats to offer when down under ;) You can check out the queensland parks and wildlife website for the national parks available to camp in:
http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_for ... or_forest/
Check out those around Cairns, its beautiful up there almost everywhere you go, more tropical if you like greenery. If you go to mackay check out Eungella National Park and you might see some platypus :0 All the best!
==============================
Arguing with a fool proves there are two ;)
nocansing

Postby Al&Sharon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi adam welcome to the forum im sure you will love australia and the camping.The information of where to stay and camp this web site could assist you http://www.exploroz.com.au.
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Return to Introductions: