Anyone Looking For A Good Esky

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Anyone Looking For A Good Esky

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:02 pm

Is anyone looking at getting an esky. If so check out Techni Ice on eBay. I just picked up an 80 litre one for $100 delivered with 6 reusable dry ice packs valued at $40 thrown in free.

These are fantastic and will keep ice for up to 16 days

Check them out.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Unbelievablycool-coolers

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Komodo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:44 pm

Derek I have posted up about these previously see this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=880

Up until I got my waeco fridge I used to use them all the time. I know mum and dad still use them (they dont have a 12V fridge).
They work exceptionally well - we have the older style (10+ years old and still going strong) and im lead to believe from reports i've read and the techni ice website that the newer style are even BETTER!!!

I'd recomend this product to any one!

Another bonus is that they are a fantastic AUSTRALIAN MADE product!!! something you dont hear of every day with the cost of offshore manufacturing. Support a great Aussie product!
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:47 pm

They come with an unconditional SEVEN year warranty. Great for up the beach.

This is the model and colour I got

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby mytribe » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:28 pm

Just had a look, they look quite good but I'm a bit suss on the bidding history of the ones available, seems a couple of the same people have bid on each and everyone of them to up the bid.
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:55 pm

mytribe wrote:Just had a look, they look quite good but I'm a bit suss on the bidding history of the ones available, seems a couple of the same people have bid on each and everyone of them to up the bid.

Took me three days and I bid on about 20 of them. They don't have a real lot of 80 litre ones in yellow. Didn't go over my top dollar once. I think patience and persistence.

I to noticed that the same people are buying a lot of them I guess at the price they would be reselling at markets perhaps.

But, when you look at the recommended retail of mine being $379 with the dry ice packs then I'm happy at what I paid.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby CCC » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:05 pm

mytribe wrote:Just had a look, they look quite good but I'm a bit suss on the bidding history of the ones available, seems a couple of the same people have bid on each and everyone of them to up the bid.

wow, stevejb3356 (1) has quite a few eskies now from that seller :***

check it out !!!

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP ... 0164399698
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Tones » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:22 pm

I've bought 3 of these eskies so far, 2 x 120L (one for a mate) and a 100L.

The first 120L cost $130 landed, the 2nd $150 and the 100L $80 delivered.

If you watch the auctions and time your bids you can get some real bargains, for some reason prices seem low Sunday nights.

As for functionality, we took the 120L camping at xmas for 4 days and still had block ice in the bottom 2 days after we got back.

The finish on the exterior of the eskies is not quite up to the standard of the tropical ice boxes, but is easily equal to several of the cheaper brands. Though you'd be paying double even for the cheaper brands.

The techni-ice sheets I don't rate as mine leaked goo, went mouldy and didn't stay frozen for very long, even when used in our 3 way fridge.

Love the eskies, don't like the sheets.

Tones
Tones
Boy Scout

Postby DjC » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:50 pm

i myself threw the sheets out, they are leak and after taking some fishing they took on a nasty snapper smell.
DjC

Postby MSkinner » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:37 pm

I'll give these coolers another vote. Won my 80L white one on eBay for $103.50. Found out that their warehouse was 5 minutes from my place, so I went and picked it up to save on shipping. They have thousands of them there. Some of them are absolutely gigantic. One that I saw would have easily taken up most of the space in the back of a ute!
MSkinner

Postby Pauly » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Just be carefull guys
On ebay at the moment some are going dearer than you can get them through the seller

Check here ad your ebay postage to your bid then compare this guys cost and postage.

http://www.techniice.com/english/iceboxes.asp#3
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Pauly wrote:Just be carefull guys
On ebay at the moment some are going dearer than you can get them through the seller

Check here ad your ebay postage to your bid then compare this guys cost and postage.

http://www.techniice.com/english/iceboxes.asp#3

Thats the same company swelling them on ebay. Check out there listed prices compared to ebay. I saved heaps buying it on ebay.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Pauly » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:09 pm

Now most are going for more than you can buy direct. I have been watching the 100ltres and all are going way too high with postage
Pauly
Post Machine!

Hows is going??

Postby Frilly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:56 pm

Hey Derek!

I've been keeping my eye on these ice boxes on ebay for a little while and am thinking of getting one.... are you still thrilled with yours??? Thanks
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Re: Hows is going??

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Frilly wrote:Hey Derek!

I've been keeping my eye on these ice boxes on ebay for a little while and am thinking of getting one.... are you still thrilled with yours??? Thanks

Absolutely however watch the prices as mentioned by Pauly. Compare the eBay price with http://www.techniice.com/english/iceboxes.asp#3

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Ta!

Postby Frilly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Thanks Derek... yeah Ive been doing that. Wont buy for more than what I can but it online direct. Thanks!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Next

Return to Gear Guide