Queensland Campers Gather Round!

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Who is interested in going out on a day trip from Brisbane?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:33 pm

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 19

Queensland Campers Gather Round!

Postby Frilly » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:45 am

Hey All... I am new to this site but was wondering if we couldn't get together to start some sort of camp club or something similiar?? I can't seem to find anything like it anywhere. Any suggestions, help or comments PLEEEEASE feel free...
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:45 pm

A little more info about yourself would be ... location, interests etc.

If you are after more dedicated QLD camping sites there are a few around ... again it just depends on your interests (4wd, fishing, abseiling, family etc).

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Frilly » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:20 pm

Good point Scol!!

Okay everyone! I am in the Redlands and like travelling 2 to 3 hours out of Brisbane. Looking for anyone that wants to camp on short weekends on a regular basis (maybe once a month, yes even in winter!). I like basic camping, not too many luxuries thanks! Im not really into anything else in particular but will turn my hand at trying most things. I am a single mum, but far from the typical stereotype. So any families, single people, couples... send me a hello if this sounds of any interest. Cheers!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 am

Although we are in Hervey Bay lately we have been heading soouth for weekenders. Ton Can Bay, Rainbow beach etc. Our family (mum, dad and 14 y/o son) tend to camp in facilitated camp sites but we also explore these locations for 'hidden' spots.

Will let you know the next time we are down that way if you are interested.

There are quite a few QLD'ers on this site that go camping a fair bit. SOmetime ago a QLD 'get-together' was organised and from what I can gather it was successful (I was living in Perth at the time).

Good luck!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Troyk » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:39 pm

Scolers wrote:
Will let you know the next time we are down that way if you are interested.

Scols, To get to the redlands you need to go via the Gateway Motorway. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby freerocketman1 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:01 pm

then you have to venture down cleveland rd [ dont do it in the afternoon ] :grin:
but scolers if your down this way go over to straddie that way you go past troyks office that way he can see the jayco :***
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Scolers » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:05 am

Troyk wrote:Scols, To get to the redlands you need to go via the Gateway Motorway. :grin:

::() ::() ::()

I rarely venture further south than Tin Can/ Gympie now-a-days. I'm still getting over my August visit .... gave me the willie!

:-bang

I have Fraser Isl. next door ... wheh I get the urge to spend a lot of money I'll go to Fraser ... with the Jayco .. 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Topic

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:24 pm

Just a note on these topics Frilly the sys always displays the most recent post so if you want to bring yours back up to the top just post a reply. I added a poll and made it stick to the top for a while lets see what sort of interest you get.

You might want to start with a day trip ask Meeky and Amanda maybe to help, Meeky seemed pretty organized. There is also likely about a dozen Brisbane members that are regulars but age and interest may be an issue. We are getting 2-3 new members a day also so it should be a good time to start something like this. I will try to help if I can once you get a few starters. Maybe display more details regarding a certain date or event.

Good Luck with it.
:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

THANKS!

Postby Frilly » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:19 pm

Thanks Activity_Dept guy!!!! Thats some good solid advice that I will certainly take! Thanks too for the poll... that will be of interest. Cheers to you!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby kazzakanary » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:35 pm

I voted yes - depends on when and how much notice but in general it seems like a great idea! I have 3 kids so a more family orietnated thing would be good!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:39 pm

This was a previous post about a daytrip a couple of months ago.

viewtopic.php?t=1240
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby amanda » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:56 am

Yes Frilly, I'd be in a day out, provided it's not too far to travel just for a day. Do you have any idea of a location or date?
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Day Trip

Postby Activity_Dept » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:05 pm

Thanks for that Troyk, I didn't notice that one. So there you go Frilly, you may want to IM Chippy to let him know you are trying to do the same think. There were a few suguestions on the previous post about where to go and sounds like Troyk may be interested in lending a hand. So maybe post a suguested date (probably give it 2 - 3 weeks at least for everyone to pencile it in) and a location (may ask for a few suguestions) and then see how many are available and have an interest. Looks like you have about 6 at this stage.
:+
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Troyk » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:22 pm

Its school holiday time this friday, so you may want to give it a few extra weeks, for people to get back etc.

Troyk

Postby Frilly » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:42 pm

Yeah I was thnking that Troyk... my kids go on holidays this Friday and I have already planned a weekend away at a private property at Wivenhoe Dam. Anyone else going away?? I will IM Chippy thanks Activity_Dept Dude, as soon as I wokr out how to do that!!!

Amanda... I was thinking more a weekend camp. Does that suite you?
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Next

Return to Groups & Activities