New forum member

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

New forum member

Postby cokebottle » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:28 am

Thought I would jump on here & let everyone know a bit about me, I have already posted in the camping tips section after I found the thread about Lake Munmorah NP on the Central Coast of NSW.

I am 40 yrs old (young?) seperated about 15mths from my previous marriage of 15 yrs, my ex was not into camping, in fact was not into anything I was into :(

Now with a new woman for the past 15 mths, known her for about 14 yrs & used to go away with her & her ex to caravan parks etc, but never camping.

She is the most wonderful woman, she lets me be myself & takes an interest in my hopes & dreams, so you could say in the past 15 mths I have started living again :***

When I was single I did a lot of camping in the lower Blue Mountains at Glenbrook NP, also been to Katoomba & walked out to Mt Solitary (5 hrs each way)

Also camped at Lake Lyle near Lithgow last August with a few workmates - the first time I had gone away by myself for over 14 years with the blessing of my new partner, now with new woman in tow I am hoping to get around the country side camping a lot more :?#

I have stocked up on the camping stuff over the last few months in prep for a beachside camp at Lake Munmorah, can't wait!!!

I bought my 2 burner stove at Kmart, 2 extra sleeping bags, all on special(only had 3 bags before & taking 3 kids with us)

Shopped around & found a 4kg gas bottle at Bunnings was only $31 whereas a 3kg was about $35 :shock: go figure, Kmart had the 4kg for $35 & Big W was $36

I have been flitting around all the camp shops & Kmart/Big W/The Warehouse looking for bargains 8)

I have even trial packed the boot of the car to make sure it all fitted in!

Michael
Last edited by cokebottle on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi Mike and welcome to the site. I was only joking about the avatar.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby CCC » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Welcome again Michael.

Sounds like your getting a great collection of gear together :?#
All the best for your new adventure in life :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:38 pm

G'day again ... hope your life manages to remain on 'plus' mode with your new love.

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Golden_Daydreamer » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:46 am

Welcome to the site Michael.

I'm fairly new here too. You'll get lots of help here. Check out Derek's site also. Great info there on cooking with camp ovens. :grin:
Cheers,
Henry (Golden_Daydreamer)

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.
Golden_Daydreamer
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:35 am

Welcome aboard Michael.

I like thw mexican theme of you avatar. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby cokebottle » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Central Coast Campers wrote:Welcome again Michael.

Sounds like your getting a great collection of gear together :?#
All the best for your new adventure in life :armsup

I forgot to mention the 2 queen airbeds from Aldi for $25 each, everywhere else wanted $39 each, also got a 12v air bed pump from Aldi for $15, gee do I sound like a tight A**? :lol: :lol:

Well I have to watch my money, have to save it for the important things in life :beer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby CCC » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:51 pm

hehe noooo you dont sound like a tight ass, you do have to make sure that camping is what you want to do before you go buying out the camping shops ::()

I'm still getting my crap together... I need beds and a gas stove and 1 or 2 gas lights... and another tarp and poles ... and an ice box ... and a shower tent thing .... maybe a little toilet thing .... a camper trailer would be nice too .... then we need a 4WD to carry it all .... :*** :*** :***

your making a good start :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:01 am

Hi cokebottle!!
Welcome to the site!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby waltzingmatilda » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi Michael, Welcome and happy Camping!! :+
Exciting new Aussie online community for friendship or meet your own 'Bloke' or 'Sheila"
http://www.blokesnsheilas.com.au
waltzingmatilda
Captain Camping

Postby mytribe » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:17 pm

welcome :hello:
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Return to Introductions: