real time chat

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

real time chat

Postby freerocketman1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:12 pm

just wondering if admin had thought about haveing this either once a week or maybe once a month, it might even bring in more members. anyhow just a thought. :grin:
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby double_d » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:50 am

you can buy FLASHCHAT for $5
and it will intergrate into the forum
so there will be a chat button to click on
then it will have your username taken from this board
and you chat
i use it on my pool forum
very good and very clean

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Chat

Postby Activity_Dept » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi guys,

Yes we had a Java chat tool set-up and running for sometime, problem was it was not used much and became a security issue, (lots of baddies out there looking for vulnerabilities). But we are starting to see a renewed interest in the forum, which is very nice I must admit :lol: so maybe its time to start adding a few more bells and whistles. But I have a long list, i.e. upgrade forum, newsletter, stickers... a daunting task for a guy who knows just enough about IT to be dangerous ::() but if we keep getting forum support it will give me the motivation to get these things going and most importantly keep them maintained and safe. Always appreciate the ideas though I will have a look.

PS any one have any good ideas for a electronic newsletter?
:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby double_d » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:11 pm

smf forum sofware
also has a newsletter
where you can type what ever on it and send it to al members or some membergroups

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:20 pm

I can see freerocketmans idea there about the once a month thing, which might be ok, but i don;'t think there's enough people on here for it to work.

It seems there;s quite a few people passing through but not a lot that stay, which no one is to blame for. It's just the way it is. I guess most regular members realise this.

newsletter? i think you'd have to do a bit of work/research and find stuff to write about, i guess you could copy and paste stuff, ... and maybe it's not really about content but advertising, . ... as in, you could make up a slick template and email it once a month , containing general info about camping topics / tips etc etc, but we don't have any news here? so you can't inform anyone of anything that's happening.

I think you're/we're in a catch 22 situation, we need more traffic to get interest, and i think there';s plenty of people coming, but they don't hang around, because there's not a lot happening. We've seen a few topics about creating a qld based camping group, but each post is months apart, and by that time people have moved on.

lucky i've had a few burbons because it's all clear to me... even if you don't understand what i'm raving about... heh. :beer

... who knows,

Just get out and do it, and don't wait for others to help you :armsup

anyone interested in foruming a 4wd/camp group? :booty
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Hi Meeky

Postby Camping Couple » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:39 pm

A 4wd camping group sounds good ...
i would be interested but have too much respect for my 4x4 to put it places you seem to go ..still a good concept
more camping less working
Camping Couple
Boy Scout

Postby Komodo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:16 am

Taking your 4wd off road doesnt mean damaging it - in fact the only damage I have done to my 4wd has been crushing the side steps a little (soon to be repaired and sold and replaced by steel sliders).

The other damage (to the paint) has been caused by the roses and trees that line the driveway at home! (the patrol doesnt have as good a turning circle as the MG had LOL)
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:31 pm

You don't need to destory your car to go 4wd'ing.

I'm very careful where I go (a bit wussy really :shock: ) but still enjoy driving along beaches (Komodo can't :lol: ) and heading into the bush now and then. Main rule of thumb, if it's starting to frighten you ... don't go on!

Always go with someone too so they can pull you out (or vice versa).

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

LIVE CHAT - MY WEBSITE

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:31 pm

Today I installed an IRC Live Chat on my forum. Folks are welcome to come and have a look at anytime.

You do have to be a member of my board to use it however quite a few of you already are. I DON'T WANT TO BE SEEN TO BE TAKING MEMBERS FROM HERE however it is there to be used.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.aussiecampovenforum.com/cgi- ... 230397/0#0

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Chat

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:35 pm

OK just for a chuckle and to gauge the interest level here is a link to a simple real time chat service. It is on a interesting Blog (scroll down). I will try and keep an eye on who uses it and please post your comments here if it is of interest and we will add it in here somewhere.

http://campfirelegends.blogspot.com/ :***
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Troyk » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:19 pm

Maybe we need to pick a time, otherwise we could be talking to ourselves. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby double_d » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:07 pm

Troyk wrote:Maybe we need to pick a time, otherwise we could be talking to ourselves. :grin:

which happens on my site a bit

if you want people to stay instead of passing through maybe install an arcade
i have one on my site and there are constantly people on there
after they have read the new posts they sit on arcade
for ages

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:25 pm

I think it would be a fantastic idea....
Cheers
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:50 am

meeky wrote:I
It seems there;s quite a few people passing through but not a lot that stay, which no one is to blame for. It's just the way it is. I guess most regular members realise this. :booty

Is there any easy way to keep the active members and remove the non active ones. Perhaps if there has not been any posts for a certain period of time, suspend the membership. Suspended members can still read the posts and if they want to contribute one can just rejoin.

Seems to me that it would be a tidier ship to captain that way as well.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CCC » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:08 pm

of course there is ... ADMIN have alot of tricks up their sleeves for this forum ... if they can be bothered that is
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.