Hey All!!! A new girl to this place!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hey All!!! A new girl to this place!

Postby Frilly » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:06 am

Hey All! I'm new to this site, been having a looksy around and it's brilliant... the best for Australian camping!!

I am 36, adore camping and go as often as I can with my 15 year old daughter. Stick mainly to places two hours out of Brisbane. So any good suggestions would be highly appreciated! Does any one know of any social camp groups in the Brisbane area??

Also as a single woman who would like to attempt camping by herself, does anyone have suggestions on safety and camping whilst alone??

Oh and just one last thing... has anyone ever camped up at Woodford as a volunteer as the Folk Festival in Dec/Jan?? Any hints or tips??

Thanks and I look forward to heaps of fun both here and out in our absolutely gorgeous country!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:19 am

Welcome aboard. :grin:

I've been to most places within 2hrs of Brisbane so happy to provide any advice and photos.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby AussieSunset » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:31 pm

Welcome Frilly and daughter. My friend use to go up to woodford every year he loved it. Never been myself though. There is lots of good places around Brissy. I'm off this summer with my eldest daughter and her son and we have my dog Phoebe as well and i class her as a sercurity as well. It does limit us a bit with the dog but I've been pleasently suprised at how many now accept dogs. I've been to all the Nat parks before i had my dog so i dont mind missing out on them this time round.
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi Frilly and welcome to the forums.

Is it worth it going alone. If I was you I would only go to places where there are other people. Neurem Creek Bush Retreat would be a good one. http://www.ncbr.com.au/index.php

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Welcome

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:47 pm

Hi Frilly,

I’m in Queensland myself, Gold Coast but to be honest the last time I was camping was a few months ago in Canada (will try to get a few photos up shortly). I don’t get out much here but we (the Camping forum) did have a group in Brisbane that started to get a few outing goings. I seems to have died off over winter however. Hopefully there will be a few more group outings this summer. This was the last info on the group I think: http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=442&highlight=barbyq. Barby-Q was kind of the organizer but Amanda and Meeky were in there also. Hopefully someone (nudge, nude) will try to round up a few troops for another day trip, probably the best way to start.

So feel free to post something at the last Brisbane group post (above) and bring it back to the top of the list and see if we can get some starters for this summer. Oh yes welcome to the forum.

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Welcome to the forums!

We have just moved over to Hervey Bay so are just starting to learn the 'ins and outs' of the camping scene.

Stay tuned!

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Re: Welcome

Postby Troyk » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Activity_Dept wrote:Hi Frilly,
...... Hopefully someone (nudge, nude) will try to ..............

::()
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Woopsie

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:15 am

Hi Frilly,
...... Hopefully someone (nudge, nude) will try to ..............

Woops,

How’s that for a Freudian slip. Now what was on my mind, could it have been the 35yo single girl thing, (bad bear bad). :oops:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby stevo. » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:08 pm

wow no one told me they had chicks at this forum ! :)

aya Frilly, places near Kennilworth , like Charlie Morland and Baloomba Creek are nice, they have a few walking tracks, nice creeks you can walk up/along and explore for hours. Usually quiet on normal weekends but busy on the holiday weekends. Accessable by 2wd vehicles. Toilets and Showers.

If you like the beach, you can go to Inskip (just at the end of Rainbow beach), awesome camping, fishing, beach, swimming, also calm water around the corner of the beach. Plenty of people around all the time. 2wd access also. Toilets, no showers.

these areas are National Park, so $4.50 a night

I'll be at Inskip this week with the kayaks, rods and esky, leaving friday morning, suck eggs everyone :)
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby freerocketman1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:39 pm

welcome to the forum frilly, when i get off night shift ill try & find some pics of nice places to go.

thats ok meeky im off to north straddie 1st oct for a week :$
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Thanks!

Postby Frilly » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:35 am

Wow! Thanks everyone for your great replies and helpful hints!! Even the funny silly ones are great! I'll post some photos up soon...
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby stevo. » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:58 pm

Frilly is MIA, what's the go? :-bang
stevo.

Postby Camping Couple » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:43 pm

Read her posts meeky shes taken her kids camping for the school holidays
more camping less working
Camping Couple
Boy Scout

Postby stevo. » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:46 pm

ahh ok, yeah i read that, .. but gees how long do these holidays go for? they got it too easy :booty
stevo.

Postby CCC » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi Frilly

Welcome to the forum :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to Introductions: