FIRE UP ITS GRAND FINALS TIME!!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

FIRE UP ITS GRAND FINALS TIME!!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:38 pm

:armsup :armsup :armsup :armsup :armsup
http://svc002.wic103cx.server-web.com/N ... fault.aspx

Cowboys sense another finals upset

Friday, September 21, 2007 - 6:50 PM

North Queensland coach Graham Murray can sense his side is poised for another NRL preliminary final upset, similar to their shock 2005 grand final appearance.

The Cowboys are riding a club record seven-game winning streak into Saturday's grand final qualifier with Manly at the Sydney Football Stadium and Murray says the team is building another well-timed finals charge.

Two years ago the under-rated Cowboys rode into Sydney and stunned Parramatta with a 29-0 victory at Telstra Stadium to reach a grand final showdown with the Wests Tigers.

Murray is hesitant to proclaim his current side are in better form than the class of 2005, but he knows they're ticking all the boxes at the right time of the year to earn another premiership shot.

"At the moment they're just playing as good as they possibly can as a unit," said Murray.

"I don't want to down-play our performance (last weekend) but they had a lot of things go against them the Warriors.

"We're playing pretty good but we haven't got the banners out, we haven't got the drums out. We're just playing a good standard of football.

"The young blokes who have come in are enjoying the finals experience and every week they seem to lift to the new challenge."

The challenge on Saturday is to score points against a defence rated one of the best all season.

For all the Cowboys' victories over the past seven weeks, they've still conceded on average just under four tries per game.

Against the Sea Eagles such a defensive effort will not be good enough as Manly have conceded just 2.5 tries per game all season.

Manly coach Des Hasler admits the Sea Eagles have spent most of their preparation finessing their defensive plans, knowing that victory will be made easier if they can limit the opportunities for noted playmakers Johnathan Thurston and Matt Bowen.

"I don't think there is any plan you can put in place (to stop them) but we'll just do what we do best and get out there and play the best game we possibly can," said Hasler.

"They're quite willing to score points and they're quite willing to be able to outscore you.

"If we can nullify their time down our end we should be okay."

Both Manly and North Queensland have injury concerns for Saturday's game, the Sea Eagles optimistic about Glenn Stewart (ankle) and Chris Hicks (ankle) while the Cowboys rate Carl Webb (calf) unlikely.

Webb's absence will hurt the depleted Cowboys forward pack, but if 2007 has taught them anything it is that they can handle adversity.

After a three-game post-Origin losing streak many predicted the Cowboys' season would again fold away to an anti-climatic finish.

But Murray says the club has gradually improved since their 54-10 round 20 flogging from the Wests Tigers, with the young forwards carving out new reputations for themselves and Thurston bravely battling on with serious shoulder problems.

"I think we've just improved ever so slightly from that game on," he said.

"Over a steady period of six weeks we've improved every week and I think it's all related. Attack, but particularly defence.

"We had a couple of blow out games (earlier in the year) ... but I still wasn't unhappy with the commitment the players were showing.

"The whole team is playing better and have started getting some confidence amongst each other.

"We've always had the ability to score points but it's a matter of controlling the ball properly and getting to our kick and putting pressure on the opposition and the last five weeks we've been doing that pretty good."
Source: AAP

COMON THE COWBOYS :armsup :armsup :armsup
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Kramer » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:15 am

Go the Cowboys, I am actually against the ruling on Thurston as if the exact same thing happened 2 weeks ago he would have been suspended but not now???? Someone has their hand in someone else's pocket there. I am hoping in all hell though that the cowboys come out on top though.

QUEENSLANDER
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Troyk » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:45 am

Don't know. I just think its going to the storms year. 8)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:52 am

Troyk wrote:Don't know. I just think its going to the storms year. 8)

Unfortunately I'm thinking the same thing. Cowboys V Storm grand final, and storm will win.

But I'm still going for the cowboys :armsup
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:56 am

And as far as the tackle goes, yes it was technically illegal (above the horizontal) but even Koopu himself said there was nothing in it and planned to attend the hearing in order to defend Thurston.

And I don't think its any secret the judges and refs are a little more lenient come finals time, its just good for the game. Anyway, its becoming to soft lately BRING BACK THE BIFF!! :armsup :armsup
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby SMP » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:15 pm

Go Cats, oh, and The Storm
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:34 pm

Couldn't care less now.

Still filthy that the cowboys are out. 5/6 years in the semi's and no grand final to show for it.

And now I'm torn. Manly got us out of the comp, so I want them to loose. But my mate goes for storm so I want them to loose too, cause I will never hear the end of it if they win :?
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Kramer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:50 pm

I hate both teams in the final so I probably won't even bother to watch it this year.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Troyk » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:15 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:Couldn't care less now.

Still filthy that the cowboys are out. 5/6 years in the semi's and no grand final to show for it.

What about the 2005 Grand Final?

Once the cowboys tighten their defence (mainly backline) they will be there.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:27 am

Troyk wrote:
Ozzycamperboy wrote:Couldn't care less now.

What about the 2005 Grand Final?

Once the cowboys tighten their defence (mainly backline) they will be there.
Did they make it in?

I got a terrible memory, all i remember is about 5 years of :armsup followed by :(

:lol:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Troyk » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:35 am

Cowboys lost to the Wests Tigers in the 2005 GF.

The ABC on the 2005 GF.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200510/s1472928.htm

Troyk

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:19 pm

All day today the spruikers are claiming that Melbourne teams have all the major trophies - ie AFL NRL and AQ League - my question is when did Geelong become part of Melbourne?? :booty
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:36 pm

Blue Bravo wrote:All day today the spruikers are claiming that Melbourne teams have all the major trophies - ie AFL NRL and AQ League - my question is when did Geelong become part of Melbourne?? :booty

Hey only because Geelong won!

I remember when I lived in Gympie, and the Sunshine Coast Local news, if it was a good story about Gympie it was on the Sunshine Coast and when it was a bad story Gympie was north of the Sunshine Coast. :?

Troyk

Postby SMP » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Okay, it's not in Melbourne, but it is in Victoria. Doesn't that count? Now you guys know what we have felt like for the last six years without an AFL cup. Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:46 pm

was there a game on ? :$
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Return to General Chit-Chat